Legislation from 114th on H.R. 9
Letters from 114th on H.R. 9
- 9/09/15 - IPR Reform
- 8/21/15 - Conservative Action Project
- 7/17/15 - Assoc. of Land Grant Universities
- 7/15/15 - Research America
- 7/14/15 - Reps. Bass and Deutch Letter
- 7/13/15 - National Health Council
- 7/09/15 - Eagle Forum
- 6/26/15 - Petition of American Inventors
- 6/24/15 - Pfizer, Inc.
- 6/19/15 - Biotechnology Industry Org.
- 6/11/15 - Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America
- 6/11/15 - Nine Members of Congress
- 6/10/15 - Small Business Technology Council
- 6/10/15 - American Assoc. for Justice
- 6/10/15 - American Intellectual Property Law Assoc.
- 6/10/15 - Medical Device Manuf. Assoc.
- 6/10/15 - Higher Education Assoc.
- 6/10/15 - U.S. Startups and Inventors for Jobs
- 6/10/15 - Innovation Alliance
- 6/10/15 - IEEE-USA
- 6/10/15 - Eagle Forum
- 6/03/15 - Coalition of Universities
- 6/01/15 - Illinois University Coalition
- 5/28/15 - Judicial Conference
- 5/21/15 - California Agriculture Coalition
- 5/21/15 - Coalition of California Agriculture Groups
- 5/19/15 - Coalition of Florida Research Orgs.
- 5/18/15 - Nat. Small Business Assoc.
- 5/18/15 - Washington Universities Coalition
- 5/05/15 - VentureOhio
- 4/14/15 - Medical Device Manufactures Assoc.
- 4/13/15 - Coalition of Agriculture Groups
- 3/26/15 - Federal Bar Association
- 3/11/15 - Coalition of Conservative Groups
- 2/24/15 - Coalition of Universities
- 2/20/15 - Federal Circuit Bar Assoc.
- 2/12/15 - U.S. Startups and Inventors for Jobs
- 2/06/15 - Eagle Forum
- 2/04/15 - Small Business Technology Council
- 2/04/15 - Nat. Venture Capital Asoc.
- 1/21/15 - Coalition of Inventors
- 1/20/15 - Big Ten
- 12/10/14 - Coalition of Inventors
Press Releases from 114th on H.R. 9
- 7/20/15 - Heritage Action
- 6/12/15 - Coalition for 21st Century Patent Reform
- 6/11/15 - Pharmaceutical Research and Manufactures of America
- 6/11/15 - Biotechnology Industry Org.
Legislation from 113th. on H.R. 3309
- 12/04/13 - Conyers/Watt Substitute Section-by-Section
- H.R. 3309, the "Innovation Act"
- H.R. 3309 Section-by-Section
- Goodlatte Manager's Amendment to H.R.3309
- Democratic Amendment Roster to H.R. 3309
- 11/19/13 - S. 1720, A bill to promote transparency in patent ownership and make other improvements to the patent system, and for other purposes.
- S. 1720 Section-by-Section
- 12/02/13 - Summary of Concerns about H.R. 3309
- 12/03/13 - Dissenting Views on H.R. 3309
Dear Colleagues from 113th on H.R. 3309
- 12/04/13 - Dear Colleague: VOTE NO ON H.R. 3309, SO CALLED "INNOVATION ACT' WOULD HARM INNOVATION AND JOBS, NOT "TROLLS"
- 12/02/13 - Dear Colleague: Briefing on H.R. 3309, the Innovation Act
Letters from 113th on H.R. 3309
- 12/04/13 - American Intellectual Property Law Assoc.
- 12/03/13 - Coalition for 21st Century Patent Reform
- 12/03/13 - Nat. Small Business Assoc.
- 12/03/13 - Federal Circuit Bar Assoc.
- 12/03/13 - Biotech Industry Orgs.
- 12/02/13 - Higher Education Community
- 12/02/13 - Innovation Alliance
- 12/02/13 - Medical Device Manufacturers Assoc.
- 12/02/13 - California Tech Orgs.
- 12/02/13 - Conservative Orgs.
- 11/27/13 - MS AG Hood Letter to Google
- 11/20/13 - Nat. Assoc. of Patent Practitioners
- 11/2013 - Patent Office Professional Assoc.
- 11/20/13 - National Venture Capital Assoc.
- 11/19/13 - IEEE Re: Mgrs. Amdt.
- 11/19/13 - American Association for Justice
- 11/19/13 - Trade Associations' Letter Re: CBM Amdt.
- 11/19/13 - CONNECT Support Letter for H.R. 3349
- 11/19/13 - American Intellectual Property Law Assoc. on Manager's Amdt.
- 11/19/13 - Am. Assoc. for Justice One Pager
- 11/19/13 - Inventors' Letter to Congress
- 11/19/13 - American Intellectual Property Law Assoc.
- 11/19/13 - Higher Education Community Re: Mgrs. Amdt.
- 11/19/13 - Innovation Alliance Re: Mgrs. Amdt.
- 11/18/13 - Coalition for 21st Century Patent Reform
- 11/18/13 - Intellectual Property Owners Assoc. Positions
- 11/18/13 - Patent Office Professional Association Re: Mgrs. Amdt.
- 11/14/13 - American Bar Association
- 11/14/13 - Biotechnology Industry Organization
- 11/13/13 - California Healthcare Institution Legislation Alert
- 11/13/13 - Pharmaceutical Research and Manufactures of America
- 11/12/13 - Nat. Bankruptcy Conference Memo
- 11/08/13 - Higher Education
- 11/07/13 - Bipartisan Judiciary Cmte.
- 11/07/13 - House Judiciary Cmte. Patent Hearing Request
- 11/06/13 - Judicial Conference Rules Cmte.
- 11/01/13 - Ex PTO Director Kappos
- 10/29/13 - Conservative Groups Joint Letter
- 10/29/13 - Eagle Forum
- 10/28/13 - Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers
- 10/22/13 - BioForward
- 8/12/13 - Entrepreneurs for Growth
- Tuesday, November 26, 2013 - TechPolicy.com
Patent troll legislation: a closer look (pt. 2) - fee shifting
by Michael Rosen
- Tuesday, November 19, 2013 - Politico Pro – Morning Tech
Where the patent landscape stands – The Leahy bill lands – Cash questions still loom for FirstNet
by Alex Byers - with help from Brooks Boliek and Erin Mershon
- Tuesday, November 18, 2013 - TechPolicy.com
Patent troll legislation: a closer look
by Michael Rosen
- November 18, 2013 - Reuters
U.S. Senate gets bill clamping down on 'patent trolls'
BY DIANE BARTZ
- November 18, 2013 - Roll Call
Goodlatte's Patent Bill is Two Steps Forward, One Back | Commentary
by Erik Telford
- Sunday, November 17, 2013 - IPWatchdog:
Innovator Concerns Grow Over Innovation Act
by Gene Quinn
- Friday, November 15, 2013 - Bloomberg BNA
Patents -- Opposition to Patent Litigation Bill Focuses on PTO Funding, CBM Expansion
by Tony Dutra
- November 14, 2013 - CQ News - Policy
Goodlatte Pushing Ahead on Patent Bill, Despite Committee Concerns
by John Gramlich, CQ Roll Call
Other Related Materials
- August 13 - GAO IP Assessment to Congress
- Former PTO Director Testimony on H.R. 3309
- Former PTO Director Kappos Quotes on Patent Abuse
- Key Kappos Quotes from from House Judiciary Cmte.Testimony
- ABA IP Law Resolutions
- Nat. Bankruptcy Conference Drafting Cmte. Memo
- Adam Mossoff Senate Testimony on Patented Innovation
- Nat. Bankruptcy Conference International Aspects Cmte. Memo
- Conservation Group Quotes Opposing CBMs
- Intellectual Property Owners Assoc. Positions
- 3/12/13 - U.S. Judicial Conference Proceedings Report
More on Intellectual Property
Today’s hearing gives us an opportunity to study how the International Trade Commission handles patent disputes and whether it sufficiently protects American innovation.
In particular, we should focus on whether the Commission produces fair results to litigants and, most importantly, whether these results are beneficial to the American consumer.
Congress established the Commission as an independent, quasi-judicial federal agency to provide non-partisan counsel to the legislative and executive branches of the government.
Washington, D.C. – The House Judiciary Committee has announced its schedule for the week of April 11-15, 2016.
Wednesday, April 13
10:30 a.m. Full Committee Markup
2141 Rayburn House Office Building
S. 125, the “Bulletproof Vest Partnership Grant Program Reauthorization Act of 2015” (Sen. Leahy, D-VT)
“The growth of the United States economy relies on the expansion of the global digital economy and efficient cross-border data flow.
“According to the U.S. International Trade Commission, digital trade increased U.S. average wages by nearly 5 percent and spurred the creation of about 2.4 million full time positions in 2011. That same year, digital trade also increased our Nation’s annual Gross Domestic Product by 4.8 percent.
“As we hear from today’s witnesses, I would like for us to consider the following points.
Tuesday, July 28
10:00 a.m. Subcommittee on Crime, Terrorism, Homeland Security and
Investigations Committee on the Judiciary
2141 Rayburn House Office Building
WASHINGTON – Today, U.S. Representatives John Conyers, Jr. (D-MI), Thomas Massie (R-KY), Bill Foster (D-Ill.), Paul Gosar (R-AZ), Scott Peters (D-Calif.) and Curt Clawson (R-FL) and U.S. Senators Chris Coons (D-Del.) and David Vitter (R-La.) held a joint press conference to highlight the broad opposition to sweeping anti-patent legislation moving through Congress.
Group of Senators and Representatives to Hold Bipartisan Press Conference to Highlight Broad Opposition to Sweeping Anti-Patent Legislation Moving Through Congress
H.R. 9 scheduled for July vote in the House
TUESDAY, JUNE 16
2:00 p.m. Subcommittee on Regulatory Reform, Commercial and Antitrust Law
· Ms. Deborah Garza, Esq., Partner, Covington & Burling LLP
· Mr. David A. Clanton, Esq., Senior Counsel, Blake & McKenzie LLP
Washington, D.C. – The following is the House Judiciary Committee’s schedule for the week May 11th - May 15th.
WEDNESDAY, MAY 13
10:00 a.m. Subcommittee on Courts, Intellectual Property, and the Internet
WASHINGTON, D.C. – Today, House Judiciary Ranking Member John Conyers, Jr. (D-MI) and Jim Sensenbrenner (R-WI), along with United States Senators Tammy Baldwin (D-WI) and David Vitter (R-LA) introduced bipartisan legislation to restore the effective one-year protection, known as the “grace period,” for inventors who publicly disclose discoveries prior to filing a patent application on those discoveries.