Legislation from 114th on H.R. 9
Letters from 114th on H.R. 9
- 9/09/15 - IPR Reform
- 8/21/15 - Conservative Action Project
- 7/17/15 - Assoc. of Land Grant Universities
- 7/15/15 - Research America
- 7/14/15 - Reps. Bass and Deutch Letter
- 7/13/15 - National Health Council
- 7/09/15 - Eagle Forum
- 6/26/15 - Petition of American Inventors
- 6/24/15 - Pfizer, Inc.
- 6/19/15 - Biotechnology Industry Org.
- 6/11/15 - Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America
- 6/11/15 - Nine Members of Congress
- 6/10/15 - Small Business Technology Council
- 6/10/15 - American Assoc. for Justice
- 6/10/15 - American Intellectual Property Law Assoc.
- 6/10/15 - Medical Device Manuf. Assoc.
- 6/10/15 - Higher Education Assoc.
- 6/10/15 - U.S. Startups and Inventors for Jobs
- 6/10/15 - Innovation Alliance
- 6/10/15 - IEEE-USA
- 6/10/15 - Eagle Forum
- 6/03/15 - Coalition of Universities
- 6/01/15 - Illinois University Coalition
- 5/28/15 - Judicial Conference
- 5/21/15 - California Agriculture Coalition
- 5/21/15 - Coalition of California Agriculture Groups
- 5/19/15 - Coalition of Florida Research Orgs.
- 5/18/15 - Nat. Small Business Assoc.
- 5/18/15 - Washington Universities Coalition
- 5/05/15 - VentureOhio
- 4/14/15 - Medical Device Manufactures Assoc.
- 4/13/15 - Coalition of Agriculture Groups
- 3/26/15 - Federal Bar Association
- 3/11/15 - Coalition of Conservative Groups
- 2/24/15 - Coalition of Universities
- 2/20/15 - Federal Circuit Bar Assoc.
- 2/12/15 - U.S. Startups and Inventors for Jobs
- 2/06/15 - Eagle Forum
- 2/04/15 - Small Business Technology Council
- 2/04/15 - Nat. Venture Capital Asoc.
- 1/21/15 - Coalition of Inventors
- 1/20/15 - Big Ten
- 12/10/14 - Coalition of Inventors
Press Releases from 114th on H.R. 9
- 7/20/15 - Heritage Action
- 6/12/15 - Coalition for 21st Century Patent Reform
- 6/11/15 - Pharmaceutical Research and Manufactures of America
- 6/11/15 - Biotechnology Industry Org.
Legislation from 113th. on H.R. 3309
- 12/04/13 - Conyers/Watt Substitute Section-by-Section
- H.R. 3309, the "Innovation Act"
- H.R. 3309 Section-by-Section
- Goodlatte Manager's Amendment to H.R.3309
- Democratic Amendment Roster to H.R. 3309
- 11/19/13 - S. 1720, A bill to promote transparency in patent ownership and make other improvements to the patent system, and for other purposes.
- S. 1720 Section-by-Section
- 12/02/13 - Summary of Concerns about H.R. 3309
- 12/03/13 - Dissenting Views on H.R. 3309
Dear Colleagues from 113th on H.R. 3309
- 12/04/13 - Dear Colleague: VOTE NO ON H.R. 3309, SO CALLED "INNOVATION ACT' WOULD HARM INNOVATION AND JOBS, NOT "TROLLS"
- 12/02/13 - Dear Colleague: Briefing on H.R. 3309, the Innovation Act
Letters from 113th on H.R. 3309
- 12/04/13 - American Intellectual Property Law Assoc.
- 12/03/13 - Coalition for 21st Century Patent Reform
- 12/03/13 - Nat. Small Business Assoc.
- 12/03/13 - Federal Circuit Bar Assoc.
- 12/03/13 - Biotech Industry Orgs.
- 12/02/13 - Higher Education Community
- 12/02/13 - Innovation Alliance
- 12/02/13 - Medical Device Manufacturers Assoc.
- 12/02/13 - California Tech Orgs.
- 12/02/13 - Conservative Orgs.
- 11/27/13 - MS AG Hood Letter to Google
- 11/20/13 - Nat. Assoc. of Patent Practitioners
- 11/2013 - Patent Office Professional Assoc.
- 11/20/13 - National Venture Capital Assoc.
- 11/19/13 - IEEE Re: Mgrs. Amdt.
- 11/19/13 - American Association for Justice
- 11/19/13 - Trade Associations' Letter Re: CBM Amdt.
- 11/19/13 - CONNECT Support Letter for H.R. 3349
- 11/19/13 - American Intellectual Property Law Assoc. on Manager's Amdt.
- 11/19/13 - Am. Assoc. for Justice One Pager
- 11/19/13 - Inventors' Letter to Congress
- 11/19/13 - American Intellectual Property Law Assoc.
- 11/19/13 - Higher Education Community Re: Mgrs. Amdt.
- 11/19/13 - Innovation Alliance Re: Mgrs. Amdt.
- 11/18/13 - Coalition for 21st Century Patent Reform
- 11/18/13 - Intellectual Property Owners Assoc. Positions
- 11/18/13 - Patent Office Professional Association Re: Mgrs. Amdt.
- 11/14/13 - American Bar Association
- 11/14/13 - Biotechnology Industry Organization
- 11/13/13 - California Healthcare Institution Legislation Alert
- 11/13/13 - Pharmaceutical Research and Manufactures of America
- 11/12/13 - Nat. Bankruptcy Conference Memo
- 11/08/13 - Higher Education
- 11/07/13 - Bipartisan Judiciary Cmte.
- 11/07/13 - House Judiciary Cmte. Patent Hearing Request
- 11/06/13 - Judicial Conference Rules Cmte.
- 11/01/13 - Ex PTO Director Kappos
- 10/29/13 - Conservative Groups Joint Letter
- 10/29/13 - Eagle Forum
- 10/28/13 - Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers
- 10/22/13 - BioForward
- 8/12/13 - Entrepreneurs for Growth
- Tuesday, November 26, 2013 - TechPolicy.com
Patent troll legislation: a closer look (pt. 2) - fee shifting
by Michael Rosen
- Tuesday, November 19, 2013 - Politico Pro – Morning Tech
Where the patent landscape stands – The Leahy bill lands – Cash questions still loom for FirstNet
by Alex Byers - with help from Brooks Boliek and Erin Mershon
- Tuesday, November 18, 2013 - TechPolicy.com
Patent troll legislation: a closer look
by Michael Rosen
- November 18, 2013 - Reuters
U.S. Senate gets bill clamping down on 'patent trolls'
BY DIANE BARTZ
- November 18, 2013 - Roll Call
Goodlatte's Patent Bill is Two Steps Forward, One Back | Commentary
by Erik Telford
- Sunday, November 17, 2013 - IPWatchdog:
Innovator Concerns Grow Over Innovation Act
by Gene Quinn
- Friday, November 15, 2013 - Bloomberg BNA
Patents -- Opposition to Patent Litigation Bill Focuses on PTO Funding, CBM Expansion
by Tony Dutra
- November 14, 2013 - CQ News - Policy
Goodlatte Pushing Ahead on Patent Bill, Despite Committee Concerns
by John Gramlich, CQ Roll Call
Other Related Materials
- August 13 - GAO IP Assessment to Congress
- Former PTO Director Testimony on H.R. 3309
- Former PTO Director Kappos Quotes on Patent Abuse
- Key Kappos Quotes from from House Judiciary Cmte.Testimony
- ABA IP Law Resolutions
- Nat. Bankruptcy Conference Drafting Cmte. Memo
- Adam Mossoff Senate Testimony on Patented Innovation
- Nat. Bankruptcy Conference International Aspects Cmte. Memo
- Conservation Group Quotes Opposing CBMs
- Intellectual Property Owners Assoc. Positions
- 3/12/13 - U.S. Judicial Conference Proceedings Report
More on Intellectual Property
Today, House Judiciary Committee Ranking Member Jerrold Nadler (D-NY.) delivered the following remarks during the House Judiciary Committee’s markup of “H.R. 4170, the “ Disclosing Foreign Influence Act.”
House Judiciary Committee Ranking Member Jerrold Nadler (NY-10) welcomed Congresswoman Val Demings (FL-10) to the U.S. House Judiciary Committee and announced the new subcommittee structure for the second session of the 115th Congress.
On Friday, December 1st from 12:00 p.m. to 1:30 p.m., House Judiciary Committee Democrats and the Congressional Progressive Caucus will host a briefing on the impact of the largest internet companies on competition, innovation, and democracy.
There is increasing concern that the size and power of some of the largest technology companies may harm competition, threaten the future of innovation, and undermine the free and diverse press by restricting Americans’ access to trustworthy news sources online.
Today, U.S. Department of Justice Attorney General Jeff Sessions testified before the House Judiciary Committee for the first time during its annual oversight hearing. Every Attorney General before Attorney General Sessions has testified before the House Judiciary Committee during their first six months of taking office. Watch the hearing on House Judiciary Democrats’ Facebook page here.
Today, ahead of Attorney General Jeff Sessions’ testimony before the House Judiciary Committee on November 14, 2017, House Judiciary Committee Ranking Member John Conyers, Jr. (D-MI) led a letter signed by every Democratic member of the House Judiciary Committee to Attorney General Jeff Sessions.
H.R. 732, the “Stop Settlement Slush Funds Act of 2017,” would prohibit the federal government from entering into or enforcing any settlement agreement requiring donations to remediate harms that are not “directly and proximately” caused by a wrongdoer’s unlawful conduct.
I oppose H.R. 732 for several reasons.
I am pleased to join my colleague, Energy and Commerce Ranking Member Frank Pallone, in sponsoring this important event.
The House of Representatives today approved by voice vote H.R. 3229, bipartisan legislation to protect the safety of federal judges. This bill, authored by Representatives Hakeem Jeffries (D-N.Y.) and Darrell Issa (R-Calif.) and a product of the House Judiciary Committee, extends the authority of the Judicial Conference to redact sensitive personal information contained in the financial disclosure reports of federal judges.