Goals and Accomplishments
Highlight the committee's accomplishments - particularly recent accomplishments.
Sample text of committee accomplishments:
During the 110th Congress, the House Science and Technology Committee passed 79 bills in the House – 37 resolutions passed, 26 bills were enacted into law, and 16 additional bills passed the House.
Hearings held – 123
Full Committee Markups Held – 17
Subcommittee Markups Held – 11
All S&T Legislation passed by House – 79
- S&T Resolutions Passed – 37
- S&T Bills Enacted – 26
- S&T Bills passed by the House with no Senate action – 16
Bills Enacted (8 Public Laws including total of 26 bills)
H.R. 2272 America COMPETES Act (Rep. Gordon): Implements National Academies’ recommendations in 2005 report Rising Above the Gathering Storm to improve our nation’s competitiveness.
- H.R. 362 To authorize science scholarships for educating mathematics and science teachers (Rep. Gordon)
- H.R. 363 Sowing the Seeds Through Science and Engineering Research Act (Rep. Gordon)
- H.R. 364 ARPA-E (Rep. Gordon)
- H.R. 524 To establish a laboratory science pilot program at the National Science Foundation (Rep. Hinojosa)
- H.R. 1068 To amend the High-Performance Computing Act of 1991 (Rep. Baird)
- H.R. 1231 To enable the awarding of the Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award to a greater number of qualified enterprises (Rep. Johnson)
- H.R. 1867 National Science Foundation Authorization Act of 2007 (Rep. Baird)
- H.R. 1868 Technology Innovation and Manufacturing Stimulation Act of 2007 (Rep. Wu)
- H.R. 2153 21st Century Competitiveness Act of 2007 (Rep. Gordon)
H.R. 3221/H.R. 6 Energy Independence and Security Act: Expands research, development, and demonstration of energy technologies and promotes renewable energy, energy efficiency, and clean coal technologies.
- H.R. 632 H-Prize Act of 2007 (Rep. Lipinski)
- H.R. 1933 Department of Energy Carbon Capture and Storage Research, Development, and Demonstration Act of 2007 (Rep. Udall-CO)
- H.R. 2229 United States-Israel Energy Cooperation Act (Rep. Gordon)
- H.R. 2304 Advanced Geothermal Energy Research and Development Act of 2007 (Rep. McNerney)
- H.R. 2313 Marine Renewable Energy Research and Development Act of 2007 (Rep. Hooley)
- H.R. 2773 Biofuels Research and Development Enhancement Act (Rep. Lampson)
- H.R. 2774 Solar Energy Research and Advancement Act of 2007 (Rep. Giffords)
- H.R. 3775 Industrial Energy Efficiency Research and Development Act of 2007 (Rep. Lampson)
- H.R. 3776 Energy Storage Technology Advancement Act of 2007 (Rep. Gordon)
H.R. 365 Methamphetamine Remediation Research Act of 2007 (Rep. Gordon): Directs EPA to develop clean-up standards for former meth labs and directs NIST to
develop meth detection equipment for field use.
H.R. 4137, College Opportunity and Affordability Act of 2008: Includes one Science and technology bill
- H.R. 694 Minority Serving Institution Digital and Wireless Technology Opportunity Act of 2007 (Rep. Towns)
H.R. 5618, National Sea Grant College Program Amendments Act of 2008
H.R. 6063, National Aeronautics and Space Administration Authorization Act of 2008 (Rep. Udall-CO)
S.2606/H.R. 4847, U.S. Fire Administration Reauthorization Act of 2008 (Rep. Mitchell)
S. 2739, Consolidated Natural Resources Act of 2008: Includes two Science and Technology bills.
- H.R. 1126 To reauthorize the Steel and Aluminum Energy Conservation and Technology Competitiveness Act of 1988 (Rep. Lipinski)
- H.R. 85 Energy Technology Transfer Act (Rep. Biggert)